Known as endemic species, the Proboscis Monkey are famous with their big round pot bellies, noticeable reddish brown fur coat and gigantic nose. It prefers to live in the mixed diterocarp-kerangas forests, mangrove forests and lowland forests near fresh water and rivers. They live almost exclusively in mangrove forests, but can also be found in lowland rainforests. It depends on the mangroves near river edges for resting and sleeping.This elusive monkey belongs to the Asian langurs
Approximately 1330 hrs, depart Kota Kinabalu and head towards the southern coast of Sabah. Approximately 2 hours journey through breathtaking scenery along the coastal bay. Upon arrival, coffee and tea will be served with cakes made by the locals.
On board comfortable fiberglass boat for 2 hour in search of wildlife along the riverbank. Inhabitants can be spotted but highlight will be seeing the proboscis monkeys.
Authentic Malaysian Buffet dinner will be served after the first cruise.
After dinner, cruise down to the mangrove to witness the emergence of these night fireflies. Along your way back to the base, you will be accompanied by these beetles hovering the mangrove trees like glimmering lights.
Transfer back to Kota Kinabalu.
- Return Land & Boat Transfers
- English Speaking Guide
- Authentic Malaysian buffet dinner
- Entrance & Jetty Fee Where Applicable
- River Cruise
- Conservation & Entrance Fees
- 6% Goods & Services Tax
- Return Air Fare
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Carbonated & Alcoholic Drinks
- Other Items Not Stated
Things to Bring
- Extra Pocket Money
- Insect Repellent
- Sun-Block Lotion
- Rain Coat
- Mineral Water
- Long Sleeves Jacket
- Outskirt Hotel Pickup Surcharge = RM30.00 per pax.
- Should you have special dietary request, e.g. vegetarian, please keep us informed. We will try our best to meet your request.