Standing at a height of 4095m above sea level, Mount Kinabalu, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is definitely an element on its own. Weaved by the many different levels of forest grounds, climbers may experience scenic changes of the views and vegetations as the elevation increases. In fine weather, prepared to be mesmerized by the sunrise as you stand on the highest point of the mountain. Wait no more as Mount Kinabalu is indeed a must when in Borneo.
Day 1 Kota Kinabalu City - Kinabalu Park
-Complimentary Day Tour-
Pick up at 0800hrs from your hotel lobby in Kota Kinabalu city or airport. Take approximately 1hour 30minutes drive to Pekan Nabalu, which located at 73KM away from KK town, where you can get various local products, fruits, home grown vegetables and handicraft souvenirs. Continue your journey to Kinabalu Park for pre-climb registration. [Passports/Original Identification are required for verification during registration]. Do expect some short waiting time, as there might be a long queue for registration. After registration, proceed to Poring Hot Spring where you can enjoy your Hot Sulphur Spring Bath and Tree Top Canopy Walk. You may take your lunch at restaurant nearby at your own expenses. Next stop will be Kundasang War Memorial Park, which offers a breathtaking view of Kundasang. Before check-in to Kinabalu Park, pay a visit to Desa Cattle Dairy Farm. Free at your own leisure. Enjoy the cold fresh air, give a try to Desa real fresh milk as well as their ice cream. Dinner will be served at Balsam Restaurant and overnight at unisex shared dormitory in Kinabalu Park.
** Complimentary day tour on Day 1 applied to tours start at 8am. Any tour commenced after 8am due to late arrival will results in missing some visiting spots, subject to actual day's schedule**
Day 2 Kinabalu Park - Laban Rata Rest House
-Ascent: Timpohon Trail-
Wake up at 0600hrs to get yourself prepared, warm up and do some stretching. Breakfast at Balsam Restaurant and collect your individual packed lunch and meet your mountain guide [Wear your ID Tag at all times]. Unneeded luggage can be store at Sutera Sanctuary Lodge's reception counter at MYR 12 per luggage at own expenses. You may engage porter at Kinabalu Park. Porter fees are paid directly to the porter at MYR 13.00/kg (Timpohon Gate > Laban Rata > Timpohon Gate). Transfer to Timpohon Gate together with your mountain guide. Start your adventure of 6KM trekking to Panalaban. Arrived and check in to your mountain hut (unisex shared dormitory). Dinner start serving at 4.30pm until 7pm, at Laban Rata Restaurant. Enjoy your day!
Day 3 Laban Rata Rest House - Low's Peak - Kinabalu Park - Kota Kinabalu
-Descent: Timpohon Trail-
Wake up at 1.30am and gear up. Supper start serving from 2am to 3.30am, at Laban Rata Restaurant. Start your journey towards the Summit of Low’s Peak @ 4095.2m with your assigned Mountain Guide. Cut-off time for Sayat-Sayat Check Point is 5.30am. Experience the glorious sunrise over the majestic Mount Kinabalu. Take beautiful photos at the summit plateau before descend to Laban Rata for a well earned breakfast. Check out and trek down to Timpohon Gate. Take the Park’s shuttle transfer - KOKTAS, from Timpohon Gate to Kinabalu Park’s Headquarter. Enjoy your late lunch (start serving from 12pm to 4.30pm) at Balsam Cafe. Lunch will be converted to packed lunch for climbers who arrived late at the park. CONGRATULATIONS! You can now collect your Certificate of Achievement from our team. Transfer back to your hotel at Kota Kinabalu, takes approximately 2 hours. (Hotel and dinner will be at own expenses. Contact us for hotel booking services at a better rate!!
- Return Land Transfers
- Day 01 - 1 Night Accommodation Based On Dormitory Bunk-Bed With Sharing Bathroom & Toilet
- Day 02 - 1 Night Accommodation Based On Non-Heated Dormitory Bunk-Bed With Sharing Bathroom & Toilet
- Entrance Fees Where Applicable
- Meals As Indicated
- Climbing Permit
- Climbing Insurance
- Climbing Certificate
- Mountain Guide
- English Speaking Coordinator
- Porter Fee
- Return Air Fare
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Carbonated & Alcoholic Drinks
- Other Items Not Stated
Things to Bring
- Waterproof Backpack To Store Your Items
- Extra Clothing & Socks
- Small Towel
- Hand Gloves & Winter Hat
- Disposable Raincoats
- Head Torch
- Personal Toiletries
- Refillable Water Bottle (0.5 - 1 Litre)
- High Energy Food Such As Chocolates, Nuts, Biscuits, Sweets, Energy Bars
- Medication Such As Headache Tablets or Altitude Sickness Tablets
- Tissue Paper / Toilet Roll
- Sun Block Lotion
- First Aid
- Insect Repellent / Mosquito Oil
- Camera With Water Proof Bag
- Sandals / Slippers
- Plastic Bags
- The temperature on the mountain can be around 5°C - 10°C or colder; during the night, weather dependant.
- Due to the limitation of accommodation, slots are subject to availability upon time of booking.
- Do take note that your passport will be required for verification during registration at the Kinabalu Park office. Please bring it along with you.
- Laban Rata Resthouse will no longer provide boiled water for drinking/refill to their climbers. Coffee & Tea will only be provided complimentary during Breakfast & Supper. However, mineral water, coffee, tea, and other hot drinks and Soft Drinks are still available for purchase at the Grocery Counter (Laban Rata Resthouse).
Note: Pendant Hut still provides filtered hot water for drinking/refill to their climbers.
- It is recommended that all climbers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommend that you should refrain from climbing: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart disease, severe anemia, Peptic ulcers, Epileptic fits, Obesity (overweight), Chronic asthma, Muscular cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease which may hamper the climber. Children below 15 years old must fill in the indemnity form upon registration at Park Headquarters.
- Outskirt Hotel Pickup Surcharge = RM30.00 per pax.
- Should you have special dietary request, e.g. vegetarian, please keep us informed. We will try our best to meet your request.